A soup with red vegetables is so yummy and healthy! Did you know that red vegetables contain antioxidants and vitamins, which are suitable for strengthening our immune system?
Red peppers: They are low in calories and exceptionally rich in vitamin A & C & Β6 and other antioxidants, making them an excellent addition to a healthy diet. They help the brain function and strengthen the body in production of serotonin, which positively affects our mood.
Red beetroots: They are act against the flu, virus, bronchitis and anemia. Beetroots and beetroot juice have been associated with numerous health benefits, including improved blood flow, lower blood pressure, and increased exercise performance.
Red onions: These vegetables contain various vitamins, minerals and potent plant compounds that have been shown to promote health in many ways. Their potent anti-inflammatory properties may also help reduce high blood pressure and protect against blood clots. Onions have also been shown to decrease cholesterol levels, and they are good for bones.
- 2 red onions
- 2 potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 2 beetroots
- 4 red peppers
- 1 clove of garlic
- 800 ml vegetable stock
- 1 cup of tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- olive oil
- At a oven pan, you put the peppers with oil and bake them to 200 degrees for 15 – 20 minutes.
- You boil the beetroots until become soft. When they cool a bit, you peel both vegetables (peppers & beetroots).
- In a big pot, you put olive oil, onions, carrots, garlic, potatoes, peppers and beetroots and saute them all together for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the stock, thyme, salt, pepper, sugar and tomato juice and let it boil for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, puree the soup until smooth with a blender or bimmer. If the soup is too thick just add a bit more water after you’ve pureed it.
- Your soup is ready. Serve it in bowls and garnish with paprika or parshley or black peppers.
Don’t forget to tag us #foodenyo on instagram, if you remake this one. We’d love to see your creations.