Colourful pancakes are perfect for a celebratory breakfast or even as a birthday cake alternative! Kids are going to adore them. These are so impressive and delicious!
- 135 gr. all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 130 ml milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Food colouring: red, yellow, blue and purple
- In a bowl, you add flour, salt, sugar and baking powder and whisk well.
- In another bowl, you have milk, egg (beaten), butter (melted and cold). Then, add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir the mixture until becomes a smoothy dough.
- Divide the dough into 5 parts and colours! (purple, blue, yellow, pink, red)
- Melt a little butter in a frying pan. Cook in ascending order, for 2-3 mins on each side – so purple first, then blue, so you can arrange the rainbow straight from the pan.
- Sandwich the pancakes together with honey or maple syrup or melted chocolate, it’s up to you! I used maple syrup and i garnished with fresh fruits and cookies.
Don’t forget to tag us #foodenyo on instagram, if you remake this one. We’d love to see your recreations!