These sweet & healthy treats, are gluten free and perfect for snacks and breakfast on the go! It takes few minutes to make them and are filled with good for you ingredients! I have tried plenty of energy balls recipes over the years, but this one, is the master recipe for Energy Balls, along with all sorts of tasty ways to use it to create different energy ball flavors.
- 1 1/2 cups of oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup nut butter of choice – peanut butter is the best
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup maple syrop
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup almond powder
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. (If the mixture is too wet, add more oats. If it’s too dry, add a bit more nut butter).
- Place the bowl in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Remove the bowl from the refrigerator and portion the dough into balls of desired size.
- Then, you can cover them with coconut flakes! Or if you are a big chocolate fan like me, you can cover them with chocolate truffle or even sweet cocoa powder!
Don’t forget to tag us #foodenyo on instagram, if you remake this one. We’d love to see your recreations!