Chocolate Bar (Mosaic) is a Greek dessert! This dessert wakes me up childhood memories, because my mom used to make it every summer! Also, the Greek taverns, they use to offer you this sweet, as treat, in the end of your meal!
Imagine sitting by the sea, eating Greek meze, drinking ouzo and tasting this incredible dessert at the end! This is paradise!
So simple, so delicious, so Greek, so vegan! Let’s start!
- 200 gr. vegan butter (Bio-margarine)
- 200 gr. caster sugar
- 5 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 200 gr. biscuits
- 4 tablespoons rum or brandy
- First of all, in a sauce pan, melt the butter in low temperature.
- In a bowl, mix together caster sugar and cocoa powder.
- Break the biscuits into small pieces by hand and sprinkle them with the alcohol.
- When the butter is melted and cool, add in the caster sugar with cocoa, whisk it until becomes a chocolate cream, then add the biscuits with alcohol.
- At this point, you can mix the mixture by hand, until the wet are combinated with the dry ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into a parchment paper and roll it. Keep the roll the same size from beginning to end and then wrapped and tie the ends like a piece of candy. In the end, cover the chocolate bar in a aluminum foil.
- Place in the freezer for at least 2 hours. Ready!
Don’t forget to tag us #foodenyo on instagram, if you remake this one. We’d love to see your recreations!