Brownie without butter? What? Why? WHY NOT?
I was searcing for a healthier brownie and then, I thought that it could be a great idea to replace butter with Extra Virgin Olive Oil by Oleosophia Extra Virgin Olive Oil . NOT ONLY is a healthier brownie, BUT ALSO a brownie with crispy top, chewy edges and perfectly fudgy centre.
Even if you like butter more and have no reason to try these, I urge you to give them a go. I had all my friends taste test this for me and they couldn’t even believe that it had no butter! That’s why I’m so excited and happy for this recipe. Please try and let me know!
- 120 ml olive oil
- zest of 1 orange
- 150 g. granulated sugar
- 90 g. brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 100 g. hazelnuts
- 40 g. cocoa powder
- 70 g. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 75 g. dark chocolate chopped
- Preheat oven to 180 °C.
- Line an 8-inch square baking tin with baking or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add olive oil, orange’s zest and sugars and whisk well.
- In a separate bowl, add eggs and mix with a fork, until combined. Add them to the mixture, along with cocoa powder, baking powder and flour. At the end, add the hazelnuts and the chocolate. Gently mix with a spatula to combine. Pour into prepared tin.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Leave to cool slightly before removing from pan. They will firm up as they cool. Serve with ice cream. Ready!
- To serve the next day, warm brownie in the microwave for 10-15 seconds.
HOW TO MAKE:
”Know Thyself” SOCRATES 469-399 BC
Their family olive grove is located along the sides of Mt. Fokas, near Corinth, Greece and our village, Kalentzi, is the family’s base for three generations now. Blessed with a strategically mild microclimate and fertile land, the area offers a variety of products with excellent quality and authentic taste! OLEOSOPHIA is a family Extra Virgin Olive Oil, produced by handpicked olives on our family grove, ensuring consistency in quality, flavour and aroma. OLEOSOPHIA is a limited edition product as the quantities are limited to each year’s yield.
From their family table to yours!
Don’t forget to tag us #foodenyo on instagram, if you remake this one! We’d love to see your recreations!