Do you want an easy-to make and at the same time gourmet salad? That’s your salad!
Figs are one of the richest plant sources of a variety of vitamins and minerals, including: Vitamin A, C, K, potassium, magnesium, zinc, copper, manganese and iron! Figs are a good source of calcium, which can ward off osteoporosis as well as other health issues. You won’t find a better plant source of calcium than figs. That alone is a great reason to consider slicing up a few as part of a salad or adding them to a savory chutney with dinner.
- 1/4 iceberg
- 1/4 green lettuce
- 1/4 red lettuce (lola)
- 1 red pepper
- 5-6 ried figs
- some nuts (i used walnuts)
- 5-6 slices of prosciutto
- 75 gr. black balsamic vinegar (i used Aceto Balsamico di Modena)
- 1 tablespoon mustard (i used mild mustard)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 150 ml olive oil
- 150 ml vegetable oil
- For dressing, you need only one jar. You put ALL ingredients: balsamic, mustard, honey, salt & pepper and olive oil and vegetable oil into the jar and shake it well, until it becomes a cream.
- You just wash well and dry the vegetables. Add them in a big salad bowl and garnish with dressing! Ready!
You could use the dressing more than one time! You can keep it into the jar at refrigerator!
Don’t forget to tag us #foodenyo on instagram, if you remake this one. We’d love to see your recreations.