Breakfast is the most important meal for me, because it’s the first meal of the day and i could choose both sweet & savory meals!
Today, I am sharing with you, my classic granola recipe, which is the best granola recipe! Once you try this granola recipe, you won’t go back to store bought granola. It’s much much better!
- 4 cups oats
- 1 ½ cup nuts or seeds
- ⅔ cup dried fruits, (i used cranberries)
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- ½ cup melted coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup maple syrup or honey
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and prepare a baking pan with parchment papper.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts or seeds, cocoa and cinnamon. Stir to blend.
- Add the oil, maple syrup or honey and vanilla. Mix it well an then pour the granola into your prepared pan and use a large spoon to spread it in an even layer.
- Bake about 20 – 25 minutes, until lightly golden. Let the granola cools completely, it will further crisp, as it cools.
- When it cools, top the granola with dried fruits or chocolate chips or even both and break it into pieces with your hand.
- Keep your granola in a container at room temperature for 1-2 weeks or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Serve it with greek yogurt or milk or ice!
Dont’t forget to tag us #foodenyo on instagram, if you remake this one. We’d love to see your recreations.