Make your New Year’s Eve menu, one to remember for years to come, with Foodenyo’s recipe ideas!
Start the new year in style with a selection of glamorous recipes from cocktails and salad to dessert and let me help you create the ultimate dining experience! This year, we deserve to have an elegant festive menu with champagne cocktail and luxurious dessert! My curated menu ideas will impress your family & friends and will turn you into a professional Chef!
Start your New Year’s Eve menu by serving a fancy champagne cocktail like Frozen Berry Mimosa! The key to any festive table is a sophisticated starter like Tomato-Mozzarella Bruschetta, topped with freshly-cut basil leaves! Also, it wouldn’t be a festive menu without a special salad! I’ll suggest you a Tricolore Quinoa Salad with Pomegranate seeds, Beetroots & Citrus Dressing! For the main course, serve Soy-Honey Glazed Salmon with Roasted Brussels Sprouts! Finish your elegant New Year’s Eve dinner with luxurious Matcha Panna Cotta with Red Berry Sauce!
1.NYE Champagne Cocktail
Frozen Berry Mimosa!
- cranberry juice
- mix of frozen berries
- 1 bottle of Champagne
- granulated and icing sugar for topping
- some fresh rosemary sprigs for topping
- Firstly, prepare the cranberry ice cubes! Some hours before your NYE dinner, fill some ice cube trays with cranberry juice and store in the freezer.
- Prepare the rosemary sprigs. In a small bowl, pour a bit of granulated and icing sugar, wet the rosemary sprigs with water, throw them into the bowl and sprinkle them until they look like snowy!
- When you are ready to serve your Champagne cocktails, prepare your glasses of champagne, wet the rim of the glass, turn it over in a bowl full of granulated sugar, until it sticks circularly in the glass. Then, put some mix of frozen berries on the bottom, continue with 2-3 ices cubes of cranberry juice, at the end, fill the glass to the brim with champagne and garnish with fresh rosemary sprigs! Ready!
Tomato-Mozzarella & Basil Bruschetta!
- 1 baquette loaf
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 10 colourful cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 5-6 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 pack of buffalo mozzarella, cutted in slices
- 4-5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
- First of all, in a small bowl, mix the tomatoes and basil, taking care not to mash the tomatoes too much. Add extra virgin olive oil and oregano. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix again. Cover and chill for at least an hour. This will allow the flavours to soak and blend together.
- Slice the baguette loaf diagonally into thick slices and lightly, spread the crushed garlic and a bit of olive oil and toast them for 10-15 mins, until they are light brown on both sides. In the last minute of baking, put a piece of mozzarella on top of each slice of baquette. Remove from the oven and serve the tomato mixture on the warm slices of mozzarella-baquette. Ready!
Tricolore Quinoa Salad with Pomegranate seeds, Beetroots & Citrus Dressing!
For the quinoa:
- 200g tricolore quinoa
- half pomegranate
- 1 beetroot, cutted in slices and in cubes
- 50g nuts mix (pumpkin seeds, pine nuts, sunflower seeds)
- zest of 1 mandarin
- salt & pepper
For the citrus dressing:
- 100 ml mandarin-orange fresh juice
- 30 ml white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey
- salt & pepper
- 70-80 ml extra olive oil
- Place a small pot in medium heat and boil the quinoa for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat, drain and place it in a salad bowl and mix it with pomegranate seeds, beetroot cubes, nuts, zests of mandarin, chives, salt, pepper and whisk well.
- For the dressing, you need a blender or a bimmer mixer. First, mix all the ingredients, and add the olive oil in the end. Taste, if it needs something more, such as salt or a bit of honey or oil. Add the dressing to the salad stir well all the ingredients and serve.
- Garnish your salad with beetroot slices and chives. Ready!
3.NYE Main Course
Soy-Honey Glazed Salmon with Roasted Brussels Sprouts!
Soy-Honey Glazed Salmon
- 4 skinless salmon fillets (163-200g each)
- 30g butter
- 1 lemongrass, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 20g ginger,crushed
- juice of 1 orange
- 100 ml soy sauce
- 50g honey
- lemon and orange slices
- 1 green onion
- Heat a pan in high temperature and add the butter until it melts, then place the salmon fillets and sauté them on both sides.
- Remove salmon fillets from the pan and place them on a plate and let aside.
- Then, lower the temperature in the pan and add the lemongrass, garlic and ginger, sauté them for a while. Pour the orange juice, soy sauce, honey and pepper. Stir well until the sauce is glazed.
- Put the fillets again in the pan, the lemons, oranges slices and cover them with the glazed sauce. Remove from the heat and serve.Ready!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 500g Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 lemon zest & juice
- 1 green onion,chopped
- coliander, finely chopped
- chives, finely chopped
- parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- On a big baking sheet, drizzle brussels sprouts with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss until combined.
- Roast until the brussels sprouts are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, about 20 minutes, shaking the pan halfway through.
- In a large salad bowl, place 2 tbsp of olive oil, zest and juice of lemon, green onion and all the fresh herbs. Add the roasted Brussels sprouts into the bowl and whisk well to combine all the flavors together and serve immediately. Ready!
Matcha Panna Cotta with Red Berry Sauce!
- 500g heavy cream
- 100 ml milk
- 60g granulated sugar
- 7g gelatine
- 1 1/2 tbsp matcha green tea powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- fresh raspberries and blueberries for topping
- crushed candy canes for topping
For the red berry sauce:
- 200g frozen red berries (strawberries, raspberries, redcurrants etc.)
- 1 tbsp cranberry juice
- 30g granulated sugar
- 2g gelatine
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Chambord Framboise or Grand Marnier liqueur (optional)
- First of all, use a fine mesh to sift your matcha powder before using and just make sure that the lumps are sifted. Then, mix the green tea powder with milk in a small bowl until smooth.
- Put the gelatine in another small bowl with super cold water.
- Mix the cream, sugar and vanilla in a saucepan and heat over low heat until sugar melts.
- Gradually, pour the mixture matcha-milk in the saucepan and whisk well to combine. When the mixture boils, squeeze the gelatine with your hands and pour it in.
- If you have all the ingredients now into the saucepan, continuously stir until gelatine dissolves.
- BE CAREFULL! It is important to know that well-swollen gelatins dissolve completely at temperatures between 50 and 60°C. Within this temperature range, gelatin solutions can be kept without losing their gelling power.
- Remove pan from heat and drain the mixture. Then, divide the mixture among 4 ramekins and allow to come to room temperature. Chill ramekins, covered, overnight.
- To check if they are set or not, they should wobble like jelly when you move the ramekin and that the centre shouldn’t look like there’s still liquid.
- When ready to serve, dip each ramekin into a bowl with hot water for 5 seconds. Invert ramekin onto a serving plate. Serve with the red berry sauce, some fresh raspberries, blueberries and some crushed candy canes!Ready!
- For the red berry sauce: combine the frozen berries, sugar, juices of cranberry and lemon and liqueur, stir to ensure that the sugar crystals are dissolved. When it boils, add the gelatine (which you have put in ice water to soften and you have squeezed it) and continuesly stir until the gelatine is dissolved. Remove from the heat and store in the refrigerator for 5-7 days or in the freezer for 2-3 months.
Don’t forget to tag us #foodenyo on instagram, if you remake some of our recipes! We’d love to see your recreations!
Happy New Dreams! New Days! New Desires! New Ways! Happy New Year! Happy New You!