One of the world’s favorite desserts is cake. But this is going to be your favorite cake, apple – cinnamon cake with salted caramel!
- 1/2 red apple
- cinammon (i used 2 teaspoons)
- 200 gr. brown sugar
- 125 ml milk
- 125 ml vegetable oil
- 15 gr. baking powder
- 15 gr. baking soda
- 300 gr. all purpose flour
- juice of half lemon
For salted caramel:
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- You cut the apples in small pieces and put them in a bowl with water and lemon juice.
- In a big bowl, add sugar,milk, oil and whisk it well.
- Then, add dry ingredients (baking powder, soda, flour, cinnamon) into wet ingredients. In the end, put the pieces of apple (without lemon juice and water).
- Pour the mixture into a cake pan and bake at 180 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
In a small pot, at low temperature, put sugar and butter. Stir them until sugar goes to brown – gold colour. And then, add carefully the heavy cream and stir it fast, until it becomes a rich beautiful caramel sauce. Then, remove from heat, add the salt and your caramel is ready for garnish.
Don’t forget to tag us #foodenyo on instagram, if you remake this one. We’d love to see your recreations.