These festive spiced Carrot Cake Cupcakes decorated with marzipan Easter carrots and nuts, are perfect for Easter Sunday dessert!
Easter is just around the corner and if you’re wondering what to bake these days, I have the perfect solution for you guys! Of course, Carrot Cake Cupcakes! These are the best, moist, sweet & salty cupcakes with nuts, carrots and cream cheese frosting! YUM! You’ll make your family and friends so happy!
Carrot Cake Cupcakes are not perfect only for Easter holidays, but also you can bake them for weekends or birthday or other celebrations or any occasion you like! They are so easy, delicious, their ingredients are super simple to find at a store and it takes only a few minutes to whip them up! YAY!
Easter is a very important feast in Germany! So what is so special about Easter in Germany? There are many things to prepare for Easter: a couple of days before Easter Sunday, people colour eggs at home and prepare carrot cakes and some other sweets. But the most important day is Sunday! On Easter Sunday, the smaller (or more grown up) children will search for chocolate Easter eggs, either in the garden or inside the house. Also, on Easter sunday, almost every family in Germany have breakfast or brunch with many delicious things! One of these delicious things is the Carrot Cake (Karottenkuchen or Rüblikuchen oder Möhrenkuchen). In the afternoon, all family members will be expected and will eat cake, a Carrot Cake, and drink coffee (Kaffe und Kuchen)! Frohe Ostern!
Here’s is my version of a carrot cake, Carrot Cake Cupcakes! I created them with carrots, pecans, many spices, such as: cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and I made a delicious, salty, fluffy cream frosting! However, if you like, you can use my recipe and make one loaf carrot cake instead of cupcakes! Recipe?
For the muffins:
- 1 banana
- 110 ml milk
- 110 ml vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 100g light or dark brown sugar
- 200g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 50g chopped walnuts or pecans
- 200g grated carrots
For the cheese frosting:
- 50g butter
- 60g cream cheese
- 100g icing sugar
- 2 tbsp cream
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line a classic muffin pan with 12 cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a big bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients: brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, soda, baking powder, salt and walnuts and set aside.
- In a separate large box, first of all, melt banana with a fork and whisk together the milk, oil, vanilla and the eggs until fully combined.
- Then, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Last but not least, stir in the grated carrots and whisk well all the ingredients.
- Evenly distribute the batter between all 12 cupcake liners, only filling each liner about 2/3 of the way full. Bake in separate batches at 180°C for about 20 minutes.
- Carefully remove the cupcakes from the oven and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes in the pans. Then, carefully remove the cupcakes from the pans and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the frosting: In a medium bowl beat butter and cream cheese until creamy approximately for 1 minute. Add icing sugar a little at a time, continue beating, add cream beat approximately 3 minutes until fluffy. Ready!
- Garnish with walnuts or peanuts and tiny marzipan carrots! Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts (servings: 12)
- It is a cake very rich in polyunsaturated & monounsaturated fatty acids due to oil and nuts!
- If you want to reduce the saturated fat content, you may not add cheese frosting!
- If you want to increase the fiber content, try some whole grain flour!
Maria Mentzelou is Dietitian / Nutritionist with M.Sc. Applied Nutrition and Dietetics with specialization in Clinical Nutrition (Harokopio University) and Specialization in Life Coaching and NLP (University Aegean). Find out more about her or contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org , Tel. 6984515475 and in its pages on Facebook and Instagram .
Don’t forget to tag us #foodenyo on Instagram, if you remake this one! We’d love to see your recreations!