My love affair with Churros began in Barcelona! I’m in love with Spain and especially with Barcelona, so when i visited Barcelona i tasted all their sweet & savory treats. But, there is one love for me, and that’s Churros!
I would like to share with you that love at first bite! So, I made a simple recipe for you to taste these amazing crispy homemade churros with hot Chocolate sauce.
- 240 gr. water
- 110 gr. butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 125 gr all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- vegetable oil for frying
For chocolate sauce:
- 200 gr dark chocolate, broken into chunks
- 240 ml heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, if you have some
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- First, in a small bowl, you stir together the sugar and cinnamon.
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, put together water, butter, sugar and salt.
- Bring them to a boil and remove the mixture from the heat.
- Put the flour in 2-3 doses and stir it until becomes a smooth dough ball.
- Let the dough cools for a while, and then add in eggs and stir well.
- Scoop dough into a pastry bag fitted with a large open-star tipt.
- Meanwhile, you have put vegetable oil in a pot, over medium heat and pipe churros into loops into parchment paper, making sure to press on the ends to seal the loops.
- When oil is hot, gently slide some churros into hot oil and let them fry, until become golden brown on all sides (about 4-5 minutes).
- Remove and place onto plate lined with paper towel to soak up excess oil and then roll churros in sugar-cinnamon mixture.
- For chocolate sauce: put the heavy cream into a saucepan in medium heat and bring to a simmer, then pour over the chocolate chunks, add vanilla and whisk well until it becomes a smooth chocolate sauce.
- Transfer the chocolate sauce in a small pot and serve with churros!
Don’t forget to tag us #foodenyo on istagram, if you remake this one. We’d love to see your recreations!